The Republic of the Philippines is the second-largest archipelago in the world, with over 7000 tropical islands (most of the population live on just 11 islands), located east of Vietnam and north of Sabah Malaysia. The Philippines is filled with natural wonders
– warm tropical waters, string of coral gardens and beautiful marine life makes it a diving and snorkelling paradise.
– Inland, you can find a fantastic landscape that stretch for miles. From the Bohol Chocolate Hills, to the rice terraces scattered throughout, and thriving cities that provide a metropolitan vacation. With 36,289 kilometers of coastline, finding yourself lost at a long sandy beach is definitely on the holiday card; the beaches of Boracay is a famous spot for the party animals!
The most important aspect of Philippines is the hospitality of the Filipinos, it is in Philippines that you will not find a stranger, everyone here is easy going! This is most evident during fiestas when even everyone is welcomed and allowed to partake of the feast that most, if not all, households within the town serve during the occasion. So loosen up and enjoy the party!
Even tho’ there are over 7000 islands to commute around, travelling is definitely at ease in Philippines. The public transportation system is highly efficient and timely (when comapred to many other region countries).
– Ferries and airlines for inter-island transfers (airlines mainly for the more popular destinations!)
– In major cities, taxis can be found everywhere (just make sure the meter is on!)
– jeepneies can be found everywhere!
– In Metro Manila, the light rail transit is highly efficient
– In rural towns, tricycle is often the transport of choice
There you go, what are you waiting for. Come let us show you Philippines – the way us local see it!
PkTan is fascinated with this beautiful, complicated country. He loves advising travellers to Philippines and have developed this site to share all his knowledge of Philippines with everyone. Learn more about me [+]