Philippines Flood Donations Appeal
PKTan: Do you know you can help simply by talking about this matter? Blogging, Twittering, Facebook, emailing etc are great tools to spread the word; you can help us raise awareness of the severity of typhoon Ondoy.
More than a month’s worth of rain fell in just 12 hours yesterday as Tropical Storm Ketsana slammed ashore in the Philippines triggering the worst flooding in decades in the capital Manila and nearby provinces.
Philippines President Gloria Arroyo appealed for donations and called for calm.
“I am calling on our countrymen, especially residents of metro Manila and other provinces in the path of the typhoon, to please stay calm, follow the instructions of local officials and civil defence authorities,” she said in a TV message on Saturday.
The weather has cleared up, but many areas are still underwater, particularly in the east of the capital. Thirty-five provinces and cities, including the capital, have been placed under a state of emergency.
Ryan: giboteodoro NDCC Missing Person Hotline: Marikina: 0920-9389914; QC: 0921-6555262; Pasig: 0918-9356318 Cainta: 0917-5606241.
Read About It
Philippines Flood Death Toll Rises to 240; Country Seeks Aid
Death toll from flooding in the Philippines climbed to 140
BBC News – In pictures: Philippine flood clear up
Death toll from Philippine storm rises to 86
Philippines battles flood chaos
Dozens Dead As Floods Sweep Philippines
Hundreds wait for rescue in flooded Philippine towns
Ondoy’s flood worst in history PAGASA
Floods strand thousands in Philippines
Ways to Donate – Philippine National Red Cross
Please refer to: Ways to Donate – Philippine National Red Cross
Red Cross donation through SMS: text RED space AMOUNT to 2899 (Globe) or 4483 (Smart) or contact your local Red Cross Chapters on how to Donate.
Direct your donations to RedCross Philippine-
Choose “Typhoon Ondoy”
Donate via UNICEF – To donate to the ongoing emergency relief efforts in the Philippines, please visit: www.unicef.org/philippines/
Donate via – World Food Program
Help the Philippines Weather the Storm
You can also donate thru Ayala Foundation:
Donation through Australian Red Cross can be done -
- By credit card: securely online at www.redcross.org.au or over the phone by calling 1800 811 700.
- By cheque: made payable to Australian Red Cross Typhoon Ketsana and mailed to Supporter Services Centre, GPO Box 2957, Melbourne VIC 8060.
Can also donate via World Vision Australia – Typhoon Ketsana in the Philippines
USA / Canada
FRIENDS IN THE US AND CANADA WHO WISH TO HELP IN THE RESCUE/RELIEF OPERATIONS,YOU MAY DONATE THROUGH THE AMERICAN RED CROSS. CALL 1-800-435-7669. DONATE THRU THE RED CROSS RESCUE AND RELIEF OPERATIONS OR DIRECT DONATION THROUGH BANK DEPOSIT
You may also deposit your donations directly to ABS-CBN Foundation’s Banco de Oro account:
Branch Name: BDO Mother Ignacia
Account Name: ABS-CBN Foundation, Inc.
Account #: 5630060113
Donors may call the following numbers for more details:
- Disaster Relief Operations, Monitoring and Information Center (DROMIC)-Central Office, 488-3199 (24 hours)
- DROMIC-National Capital Region, 931-8101 to 05 local 506, 951-7119 (24 hours)
- Crisis Intervention Unit (CIU)-National Capital Region- 734-8635 (24 hours)
UPDATED! List of verified relief centers for ‘Ondoy’ victims <-- CLICK!
- Victory Fort is opening its doors to those affected by the typhoon. Call 813-FORT.
- NoyMar relief Operations: Clare Amador (+639285205508) or Jana Vicente at +639285205499). Drop off for relief donations is at Balay Expo Center across Farmers Market Cubao.
- Miriam Quiambao drop off points: One Orchard Road Building in Eastwood, or message http://www.twitter.com/miriamq for more details.
- Philippine Army Gym inside Fort Bonifacio or GHQ Gym in Camp Aguinaldo are now distributing donations for Ondoy Victims.
- Team Manila stores in Trinoma, Mall of Asia, Jupiter Bel-Air and Rockwell shall be accepting relief goods (Canned Goods, Ready-to-drink Milk,Bottled Water and Clothes) for distribution by Veritas.
- Caritas Manila Office at Jesus St., Pandacan Manila near Nagtahan Bridge (+632-5639298, +632-5639308)
- Radio Veritas at Veritas Tower West Ave. Cor EDSA (+632-9257931-40)
- Aranaz Stores in Rockwell & Greenbelt is accepting donations of any kind for Payatas communities affected by Ondoy
- Simbahang Lingkod ng Bayan Task Force Noah, a disaster response arm of the Jesuits, is accepting donations. Please drop it off sa Ateneo Cervini Dorm.
- Philippine National Red Cross‘ different ways to Donate.
- Red Cross Load Donations: Right now the easiest way to make donations from the seat of your chair is via mobile phone load. The Red Cross Rescue and Relief Operations. Text: RED<space>AMOUNT to 2899 (Globe) or 4483 (Smart)
- Ateneo de Manila University is now accepting donations for the victims of Ondoy. Donations can be dropped at MVP Lobby. For those stranded/those who need help: To all students who need help or know of people who need help. Please text the name, location, and contact number to (+6329088877166). ATENEO, which is now an open shelter, accepts refugees. Call (+632917-8952792)
- Papemelroti stores in 91 Roces Ave. / Ali Mall Cubao / SM City North EDSA / SM Fairview / SM Megamall / Glorietta 3 in Makati / SM Centerpoint / SM Southmall are accepting relief goods (canned goods / milk / bottled water / clothes – NO CASH pls.)
- TXTPower now accepts donations via SmartMoney 5577514418667103, GCash 09179751092 and Paypal http://is.gd/3GvuN
- Our Lady of Pentecost Parish (+632-4342397, +632-9290665) per Gabe Mercado, donations are very much welcome. The Parish is located at 12 F. Dela Rosa corner C. Salvador Sts., Loyola Heights, Quezon City.
- Hillsborough Village Chapel – Water, blankets, shoes, and clothes may be sent to Hillsborough Village Chapel in Muntinlupa City. These will go to families whose houses were washed out in the nearby sitios.
- Greenhills/Mandaluyong/San Juan Area, if you want to help out with the rescue and relief operations, you can drop off your donations (clothes, food, etc..) at La Salle Greenhills Gate 2 tomorrow or volunteer from 9am to receive, sort, repack the donations.
- Petron: You may bring your relief goods to all Petron branches.
- LUCA stores (Rockwell, Shang-rila, Eastwood, or GA towers): Send your old clothes & donations (no cash pls).
- “LUZON RELIEF: Volunteer / Donate / Pray”: Donations can be brought to RENAISSANCE FITNESS CENTER, 2nd Floor, Bramante Building, Renaissance Towers Ortigas, MeralcoAvenue, Pasig City starting MONDAY (Sept.28) / 9am – 7pm Contact Person: Warren Habaluyas (+632929-8713488) or email at email@example.com
- MOONSHINE boutique in Rockwell also accepting relief good to help Ondoy victims in Marikina and Cainta.
- Katipunan Avenue. Contact Erica Paredes at (+632917-4741930) — they need bread, packed juice, sandwich filling (tuna, chicken, anything) You can help her make them, deliver the sandwiches to her house, or help her distribute! Call for more details.
- Manor Superclub, Eastwood City will accept goods and other emergency items starting Sunday at 10 am.
- Citizens Disaster Response Center (CDRC): Relief goods for typhoon victims being accepted at 72-A Times St., West Triangle, QC. Tel (+632-9299820/22)
- MINISTOP IBARRA (Espana cor. Blumentritt, Sampaloc Manila) is also accepting relief goods, Food (non-perishable goods only) Clothing, Medicines, Beds, Pillows, Blankets, Emergency Supplies to help Typhoon Ondoy victims.
Information from – Help for Typhoon Ondoy Victims in the Philippines
Scott: PAWS is opening its’ doors for the dog and cat evacuees! Please have a heart and extend a helping hand to the innocent animals.You can also help by donating dog/cat food and cages/shelters with roofs. The shelter is located in Katipunan. Please repost. Exact Address and Contact numbers are: Aurora Blvd., Katipunan Valley,Loyola Heights Q.C.Telefax:4751688
PkTan is fascinated with this beautiful, complicated country. He loves advising travellers to Philippines and have developed this site to share all his knowledge of Philippines with everyone. Learn more about me [+]